- About Us
- Contact Us
Master Scuba Diver
The NAUI MASTER SCUBA DIVER course is a continuing education certification course for divers who wish to increase their understanding and enjoyment of diving. Emphasis is on student participation and practical application of knowledge in open water after a classroom discussion of subjects. This course is an excellent progression toward NAUI leadership roles.
- Medical Fitness - The student has to be certified medically fit (for diving) by a General Practitioner within the past 12 months (or complete a NAUI Medical Evaluation form). Those who are insulin-dependent diabetics, epileptics, or active asthmatics will not be accepted.
- Age - Minimum age is 15 years. (Junior certification for ages 10-14 is available.)
- Dive certification - Certified as a NAUI Advanced Scuba Diver or equivalent.
- Equipment - Student shall furnish and be responsible for the care and maintenance of their own diving equipment.
Our training consists of 2 main phases, namely Academic and Open Water.
Estimated 23 hours of classroom sessions and on-site discussions, covering
- Diving Equipment - 2 hr
- Diving Physics - 2 hr
- Diving Physiology - 2 hr
- Decompression Theory - 1½ hr
- Treatment for Decompression Illness - 1½ hr
- Diving Environments - 2 hr
- Safe Diving Techniques - 1 hr
- Handling Diving Stress - ½ hr
- Underwater Navigation - ½ hr
- Limited Visibility Diving - ½ hr
- Deep Diving - 1 hr
- Mixed Gas Diving - ½ hr
- Boat Diving / Seamanship - ½ hr
- MSD Slides Review (Optional) - 1½ hr
Open Water Phase
The required dives listed represent five separate dives of the minimum eight required. The remaining dives shall be planned by choosing from that list, from the elective topics or from interest areas of the class. Dive topics may be combined or repeated to complete the minimum of eight open water dives.
- Emergency procedures and rescue
- Deep Dive (simulated decompression)
- Limited Visibility or Night diving
- Underwater Navigation
- Search and Recovery - light salvage
- Skin Diving
- Review of Basic Scuba skills
- Environmental study or survey
- Underwater mapping
- Shore diving
- Boat diving
The NAUI Master Scuba Diver course offerred by Mako at SGD $650 includes:
- NAUI Master Scuba Diver certification card
- Approximately six classroom sessions
- Usage of NAUI MSD CD-ROM
- Usage of scuba equipment (BC and regulator), weights and tanks
- Full-board accommodation in Malaysia
- Open water training dives in Malaysia
- Transport (land & sea transfers)
- Original NAUI Master Scuba Diver Textbook at SGD $70 (compulsory purchase)
- Rental of skin diving equipment (mask/snorkel, fins, wetsuit, weight belt) at SGD $50
- Rental of underwater torch at SGD $10
- Rental of dive computer at SGD $20
- Your international passport is required to have at least 6 months validity from the date of departure
- We need 2 recent passport-sized photographs for our records
- An additional surcharge of SGD $30 is applicable if you choose to complete the open water dives in Pulau Tioman
- Rates quoted are in Singapore Dollars except the Marine Park Conservation Fee
- Please advise if you have any special dietary requirements
- We also recommend you bring some Malaysian currency for the RM $5 Marine Park Conservation Fee and for the rest stops along the way and for snacks to share with your newfound friends!
Cash, NETS and cheques made payable to Mako Sub-Aquatics are the preferred methods of payment. We would appreciate it if you could make payment on your last classroom session. Thanks!
We require written documentation at least 14 working days prior to the trip departure date. Should you choose to postpone or cancel your trip less than 7 working days before the date of departure, the following charges will apply:
- Cancellation received 11-14 working days before departure - 30% of trip
- Cancellation received 7-10 working days before departure - 50% of trip
- Cancellation received 6 days or less before before departure - 100% charge
Note: The itinerary is subject to change due to conditions beyond the control of the organizer. In the event of any changes, no refund shall be given.